Tuesday, May 19, 2009

mini quilt monday

posted a day later : )

mini quilt monday


Have you heard about mini quilt monday? Malka from stitch in dye has started a group for mini quilts on flickr. I'm not sure if you are supposed to make the whole thing on monday. Be finished on monday. Just post it on monday. I don't know. But I had 5 of these blocks left from Doll Quilt Swap 2, so I made another, put it all together and finished it with bits of leftover binding.

and just between you an me.....yes, it's a mini quilt, but it's also a placemat quilt. You know I've declared it the year of the placemat.

mini quilt monday - back
great backing fabric from Calamity Kim


So are you interested in making a placemat quilt? Need a little incentive to try your hand at one? I'm going to host a placemat quilt swap soon! Wanna play?

11 comments:

Julie said...

sure I would love to play. Just let me know when.thanks julie

LauraJ said...

you know i will play!! i'm getting my swapping groove back!!

Brenda said...

what's the size of a placemat? I'll think about it!

jovaliquilts said...

With a weekly series of placemats, your meals are going to be wonderful, no matter what you cook!

Twisted Quilts said...

I love those blocks with the black and white centers, very dramatic.

laura said...

very nice and i love the little woodstocks!

Amanda Jean said...

ha! the last mini quilt that i made reminded my husband of a place mat. i told him it was too nice to use it for a placemat...i didn't want it full of grease.

l said...

oohhh a placemat every week?! that would be fun :) I am afraid my stash isn't that big...oh darn! I will have to go fabric shopping!!

Carol E. said...

That's a gorgeous placemat! I don't think I'll swap, but they'll be fun to see.

Red Pepper Quilts - Rita Hodge said...

Love your mini-quilt! Fabulous color!

Rita

Victoria Findlay Wolfe said...

love the colors! right up my alley!