Thursday, December 8, 2011

let the crafting begin!

alternate title: our fall/winter vacation has begun

a few months ago, while we were in the thick of homeschooling, i finished up the sewing for my free piecing swap for molly and also my bee ff blocks. then i packed away my sewing machine. when it was sitting out all ready to go, i was feeling the pull [sometimes the guilty pull] to sew when i knew that i didn't have time for it.

but this week started our break from school until the new year, and my sewing table is finally cleared off of all non sewing stuff. i am ready to get going! maybe today.


handmade christmas cards

each year my dear friend katie and i make christmas cards. it's such a joy to spend an evening each week having dinner at her house and then working on cards together. lots of laughter and even a few tears are shared between us. and while we work on our cards, our friendship deepens.

i haven't made my card list yet, but i made 39 cards. i know some will cherish them and some will think it's a waste. some will realize how much effort goes into making them and some will chuck it into the garbage after the holidays are over without a thought. but i make them for me. the act of making them gives me pleasure. those who love what i make are the icing on the cake.

2 comments:

l said...

I think homemade christmas cards are beautiful and I would be delighted to receive one ;)

Judee said...

I am always thrilled to get a handmade card. They are one of a kind! I keep them.