Monday, September 15, 2008

I knew I could count on you!

I have made a few changes to my blog recently. Nothing earth shattering. I changed from having one sidebar to having two sidebars. Blogger doesn't offer this template, but I found help at Three Column Blogger. I had to adjust the width of the body of the blog, and I found help at Three Column Blogger again. Thanks to Twiddletails for pointing me in the right direction. Her blog was one of the ones that made me want two sidebars. I wanted to add things to my sidebar, but I didn't want it to be a mile long either. Solution: two sidebars.

The other change I made was to add a book list for myself and one for each of my children. I always like to see what others are reading - always on the hunt for a new-to-me author. I tried Shelfari first, but their site kept getting bogged down while I was using it. So then I tried LibraryThing. Thanks Tonya for the solution. I really like LibraryThing's site. It is very easy to use, and you don't have to give an email address to join. I joined three times so that I could make three different lists. I didn't see a multiple list option. I might add one more book list to show some of our favorite homeschool books.

If you are wanting to make changes like these, I hope this helps!

another oldie but goodie:

Wonky house

my first wonky house
made for Kim as a thank you
6/2007

10 comments:

Lisa said...

cool! now I may have to try that out too!! I like the way it looks!

audreypawdrey said...

Thanks for the link! I want to do the same for my blog now. I also love the little wonky house. :)

Clare said...

Love the wonky house. Congratulations on the new look.

Anonymous said...

Love the new look, and your wonky work is great!

Tine said...

It looks so great! I followed your links and now my blog has three columns too. YAY! Something about fiddling with html makes me feel old and stupid :-(

Rachel Ellington said...

Your blog looks great and I will be checking out the sites you mentioned. Thanks!

Dionne said...

I love the wonky house. I especially love how you quilted it! Beautiful!

Cheers!
Dionne

Unknown said...

Love your wonky house! your blog looks great too :)

Unknown said...

Your kids have great book lists! I always loved Pippy and Mrs. Piggle Wiggle.
http://thelittleredhen.typepa.com

Marja. said...

it give me inspiration!!!!!