Monday, May 2, 2011

bee ff + stars

bee ff - march


This weekend, I was able to get some sewing done. When I don't sew for a long time, I forget how much I love it. It makes me happy. These first two blocks are for lu for our bee ff group. That's bee of flickr friends. Lucinda asked for veggies to go in a garden quilt.


bee ff - april

bee ff - april


I also sewed Sarah's stars for her bee ff month. I love sewing stars, and was eager to use a new tutorial that Jenny posted in our free piecing study group. It was fun to dig through my scraps again.


wonky stars


On Sunday, I stopped by Joann's to check out the Denise Schmidt fabric. ehh. Didn't grab me, or at least not enough to spend money on it. But I am thrilled that Joann's is carrying more designer fabric. I bought some Kona yellow instead. One of my goals for myself is to do more charity quilting. I thought I would make a baby quilt with scraps and continue on with the star making.

5 comments:

Vicki said...

Cool blocks, Sarah. The gnomes are cute. :)

I bought 4 of the DS prints for a dress for my girl. Most of them had too much white IMO. :)

Carol said...

Love the cute carrot block

Julie said...

i love the carrot block and also the stars. how cute

Twisted Quilts said...

I just adore the stars. I love making stars too.

Molly said...

Your work as always is yummy!!