Wednesday, December 8, 2010

doxie boxies (boxer doxers?)

how could i resist?


did you know they carried fabric at target now? they don't sell yardage cuts. they are very trendy. instead of jelly rolls, charm packs, and layer cakes, they offer small, medium, large and extra larger boxers. they even fold them up into nifty little packages with a bonus button front and center. maybe they are marketing to the growing male quilter population. whatever their marketing strategy, i know i needed these.


012


how could i resist these dachshunds?! i love black and white prints. plus its a small scale print (which i like). they are like black and white dachshund polka dots.


009-1


i wasn't sure of the measurement conversion, so i bought the extra large. after disassembling the cute packaging (they even sew it into a fun shape!), it equaled about half a yard of fabric cut into convenient smaller sizes. some for my stash and some for my scraps. win win!

as with most trendy fabric bundles, you pay a little extra. these boxer bundles were $5. you pay the same price for all the different sizes, so i recommend the XL. more bang for your buck.

and because i know some of you always want me to read the selvedge to find the fabric designer, the maker of these cute dachshunds are merona. but you wont find any selvedges on this fabric. part of the cute packaging is they put a label instead. clever aren't they?

every once in awhile, even some big names get in on this boxer trend.

7 comments:

Tonya Ricucci said...

ooh, those are a hoot! fun fabric for you.

Natalie, the Chickenblogger said...

You are clever!
And I am not... not in the a.m. anyway... I read this twice, my bleary brain protesting all the time, and now I get it!
Boxer Doxers, @ Target! Cute fabric indeed.

Brenda said...

fun to wear and fun to sew with. thanks for reminding me of that fabric source!

Crafty Turtle said...

you are too silly!

Heidi said...

hilarious :-)

9patchnurse said...

Hilarious! Always nice to have a new source for fabric.

Teresa Rawson said...

AWESOME boxers...I hope they have those at our local Target. I wonder if I bought some for my husband if he'd notice a square cut out and a repair patch from my scrap box inserted where the square was...

In stitches,
Teresa :o)