Wednesday, September 2, 2009

placemat quilt swap received

Forever and a day ago, I posted about the placemat quilts that I sent out to my partners. That's right. I had two partners. Someone I knew from flickr (isaacsmama) and the other partner was new to me. I said in that long ago post that I have received my placemat from isaacsmama and as soon as I received my placemat from the newbie, I would post about them. Can you see where this is going? The newbie placemat never arrived. I don't know if it was ever sent. I haven't heard from her. I don't want to hound her. That's the swapmama's job. Oh wait. I'm the swapmama. I'm not really that bothered by it. I made her my partner just in case this would happen that it wouldn't happen to a swappee. So don't worry about me. : )

The real reason I'm posting is to show you the wonderful placemat quilt I received from isaacsmama.

placemat quilt swap


My very own, just for me, placemat. I love it! The colors and fabrics are perfect, and I love the bubble quilting. And I love the free pieced letters. Thank you Sudi-Laura! She was so sweet to send along a matching napkin. We use cloth napkins at every meal, so more are always welcome! Thank you!! Thank you!!

Carry on people!

7 comments:

Julie said...

Sarah
your placemat is just beautiful. I love the napkin too. we use fabric napkins but not as often as I would like. I think I need to make some to use all the time.
thanks for sharing.
julie

Twisted Quilts said...

What a great use for free pieced letters. I want to go up to my studio and make a bunch for my family. How about Christmas gifts?

Valerie said...

Aw I'm so sorry that you got flaked on, but boy the one you did receive is a beauty!!

Kristin Shields said...

What a beautiful placemat. So sorry to hear that you got flaked out by the other one. I traded with isaacsmama recently and got a beautiful mini quilt. She certainly does fantastic work!

Unknown said...

I can see why you love it! The colors are just perfectly pink! Beautiful job.

Gari in AL said...

Really bright and beautiful and I love the personalization. Maybe I should make some for our house.

Darling Millie said...

I just adore this placemat. Love love, love it!