Wednesday, April 9, 2008

sewin' sewin' sewin'....

I've been really busy this week working on quilts.

I finished one doll quilt top for Doll Quilt Swap 3:

disappearing nine patch completed

I started my alternate doll quilt top for Doll Quilt Swap 3:

a new row

And I'm working on a quilt for my neighbors' little girl who will be turning one next week:

piecing

there are more pictures here on flickr

We were supposed to go see my Mom and Chuck today. But Marguerite has slowly been building up to a full blown cold. sneezes, coughs, snot. So I was able to get lots of sewing done today while the kids watched mineless tv, I mean rested. We recently change our cable lineup, and now we get Boomerang TV (I think that's what it is called). It's mostly old cartoons like Flintstones, Jetsons, Yogi Bear, Atom Ant etc. It's funny to hear the shows from another room while I work. I think I know every episode of the Flintstones from when I was little. Fun stuff.

I'll post later this week on the progress of the quilts above.

7 comments:

Tine said...

The doll-quilts both look beautiful! The stars-houses-flowers quilt is great!
Looking forward to seeing more of the birthday-present-quilt too....

LauraJ said...

I LOVED the Flintstones!! WE have retro cartoon channel here and sometimes I put it on for Aaron.
All that sewing! You're turning me into a sewing nut as well!! Thanks for the motivation! :D I do hope M feels better really soon!

Lisa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lisa said...

I deleted the previous comment because I wrote Arah instead of Sarah! so I will try again... I love those blocks! Some lucky recipient is gonna love that quilt!!! Love the colors!
Poor Marguerite! I can relate! I have had one doozy of a cold this week! the first in a loooong time!! Hope she gets better quickly!

Helen said...

Both of them look great! Love the wonky stars.

Tine said...

You've been tagged!!!

Crafty Turtle said...

where are you getting those fabulous vintage-looking fabrics?? I LOVE them! You are becoming such a prolific quilter! YAY!